Monday, May 7, 2007

RATL Race Summary






So, another first for me. A completed RATL. Last year was clean out the knee time and before that, well, lets not go there. This is a prelim of the finished blog, more later.
Dr. John had come up with a plan for the SBR cat4 squad of: Jeff, Chris, Gary, John & I.
"The information on team strategy has has been edited, please stand by."
:-)
Jason couldn't make it due to some lame excuse about saving lives or something for his job, so he was a no-show.

Actually John has summed it up rather nicely, so I'll just add a couple of photos and send you to his site for a tasty write up as always.

Bottom line, team work from all - Jeff helping block (see picture), Gary pulling most of the last lap (among other times), I tried to lead out John and Chris when people started sitting up and for John "bring home the bacon" at 2nd place and Chris for a 4th! I sat up and cheered when John came around so Gary & I ended up finishing in the field. Sweet.

My stats for the race per the Polar 725X:
57:10 time
21.4 miles
22.5 avg - 33.7 max speed
100 avg - 137 max cadence
146 avg - 166 max HR
300 avg - 956 max (?) watts
741' of climbing

Thanks for reading,
Rick

No comments: