Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Monday, Monday

What a great weekend. Monday rolls around and Gary and I take off at 1:10 PM and were looking to ride to Lakewood and back at an easy pace; Westlake crit is on Tuesday(s). We kept things pretty much under control until around 18 miles into it when we saw two people going the other way & one was wearing a Snakebite kit. So we take off back the other way at 25 mph to catch up to them and see who it is. Hey, it's Michelle and Christa! We chit chat and find out that they are going to Brecksville and back so we figure what the heck we'll tag along and ride with them to B-ville and back and then head back to B-ville again. On one of the trips down Ridge hill, a Harley rider comes up next to me and starts calling out my speed as I go down the hill and he seems to be having as much fun as I am descending! The weather is perfect; we discuss the merits of different power systems and computers among other things and have a nice ride. After Christa splits off, we head back to Michelle's house for a refill of water. Gary's wanting to keep going longer towards Lakewood; I'm thinking that we can add to the mileage once we get back to the b-ville area. Right before the Ridge road hill Jason rides up to us in his SBR kit; it's good to see him & we talk for a couple of minutes and get back at it. Good thing we didn't go waaaaaaay long, the 63.7 miles by the time we were back at my place were enough miles for me that day!

The stats:
4:35:29 (includes the break)
63.7 miles
HR - 129 avg, 170 max
Speed - 17.9 avg, 47.3 max
CAD - 92 avg, 133 max
Watts - 218 avg, 946 max
Climbing - 2300' F
Temp started at 85' and ended at 83'F

Just a brief note;
The Polar Power sensor can't be calibrated; the only way to test for accuracy is to have it directly compared to a Powertap or other system to see how close it is. If anyone wants to loan me their system, I'll check it out and report the difference. :-)
Again, I'm looking for consistency of the readings and if the actual wattage is off that's ok. The power option cost me around $200.00.....so I'm pretty happy with it so far.

A review of the Titus Modena is be out shortly.

Thanks for reading,
Rick

No comments: