Wednesday, May 2, 2007

lust, pure lust




Here is my baby on the table and then built out! Gary has really stepped up to the plate in helping me out while I'm gone on business and has taken my new baby (Titus Modena) to Spin to have the old Dura Ace 9spd parts swapped from the Specialized Allez Pro to the Titus.
The Specialized weighed 18.38 and the bare titus frame is 3.02 with the Reynolds fork at 1.14. I'm hoping for the same weight or less with the Titus as the Specialized.
I'll show the build out once I get back in town and should be racing on it this weekend. Wooooo Hooooooo!
The Titus came out as 18.8 which is a liitle more than I wanted, but it has been a real nice frame; just ask Gary. The frame brings a new meaning to "compact", wow, even more so than my Specialized. The steering is "different" on it but it's good at speed.
I still haven't ridden it for a long distance yet, but am looking forward to it.

Thanks for reading,
Rick

2 comments:

Mehul said...

Why isn't your sponsor building this bike?

Rick said...

lol, well Spin has built/rebuilt 5 of my bikes. I don't know the mechanics over at
BA and racing the bike the next day is no time to have someone you don't know building out your bike, right?