Saturday, May 26, 2007

a friday nooner

well, that's what I wanted to do, it became a 1:30 pm ride by the time I finished up some quotes and a couple of conference calls. I jumped on the bike and headed out on my old stand by ride....my house to Valley View and back for a "quick" 20+. The weather looked great with just a few clouds and around 83'F. I met a Tri woman on a training ride....told her to check out the Snakebite Racing website for info and opened up the pace a bit. I'm feeling better but not great, but riding along with the iPod on and in the sun.......mmmmmm, yes. Oh, weight is at 156 now. :-)
I wanted to get in 25 or more so I kept going, noticing that the clouds were now rolling in, no worries, I'll get back in time. Well at the turn-a-round it started to sprinkle. Normally that would mean a bad ride....with the temps up, it was actually pretty nice so I rode the rest of the way back in the rain and didn't even mind that much. Now if it had been the typical 50'of earlier in the season......yuck.
Got home dirty but a smile on my face; ready for the long weekend with my son and relaxing. Hopefully a nice long ride for Monday afternoon is planned.

The stats:
1:29:10
26.6 miles
HR - 149 avg, 172 max
Speed - 17.9 avg, 45.1 max
CAD - 94 avg, 121 max
Watts - 255 avg, 913 max (This is a Polar system, and yes it is not as accurate as a $1000.00 powertap, but it is consistent) :-p
1220' of climbing
start temp 83', ending 75'F.

Just a side note...I agree with Brett; the doping needs to stop; you hate to think the only way these guys are winning is because of chemistry....

Thanks for reading and have a great Holiday weekend.
Rick

1 comment:

Mehul said...

Is your Polar calibrated? Your numbers seem a bit on the high side.
Any other words on the Titus now that you have more miles on it?