Friday, August 8, 2008

Zipp 404 Tubies


Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sherman at The Bike Authority for loaning me the demo Zipp 404s with 20cm Vittoria tubies.
Damn, those are some tasty wheels and tires.
I used them for the Westlake Worlds on Tuesday and they felt great and comfy. I had inflated them per BKW's advise; 7.5 BAR front and 8 BAR back. The handling is great, spinning up to speed is fantastic; the weight is only 1252 grams...OMG.
I had used Zipp 303 for the Westlake Zipp night and had really liked them also (D'oh!) but I was able to ride a "recovery" ride on the 404s the next day b/f returning them (I didn't get back from a meeting in Cowlumbus until after the shop had closed); you really feel the difference riding solo....the ride, the feel, the sound....yikes! Time to start saving for a set of the 404 Cyclocross (1364 grams) set...I may not pull it off for this year though, but I know what I want now.

*I do not pretend to be an expert of wheelsets (I'm a crash, er CAT IV)....I just know what I like and thought I'd share it.

Thanks again for the photo, Gary.

Ciao,
Rick

No comments: