Friday, August 8, 2008

Lorain Track/Bike Racing Series





Gary asked me to come out to the series and promised I'd ride his track bike so I said "sure". Anna, Cooke & I piled into the Vibe and off we went. Eric G was going to meet us there and offered to borrow my NIKON D40X to take some shots. Eric is a talented guy (like Gary) photo-wise so I always like seeing what/how these guys handle a camera.
Sadie, Robert, Rudy, Julie (a fashionably late arrival), Michael L, Gary B along with a guy from Dale's on a MTB bike and another guy.....

Peter G. runs a great, laid back and fun race(s).....with a flexible format and just flat out fun.

Robert, Emily & I were the only ones with fixies, so I wanted to help them out and still get a good workout in. Robert was great and even caught me by surprise on one lap by timing his sprint just right. Nice JOB!


All-n-all, a great night and we finished just before the storm blew in from the lake.

Thanks for the photos, Eric and I've posted them on my FLICKR.

Ciao,
Rick

2 comments:

Gary Burkholder said...

Dude, there's no E in Lorain. I should have corrected you yesterday, but there's nothing better than a public flogging / humiliation.

Kidding aside, nice job last night! The Karate Monkey is coming home this weekend and will see a rebirth as a track bike. Ernie will be thrilled to get his RF MTB crank back.

-gb

Rick said...

thanks for the love....and i stuck up for you on jimmynicks post. :-(

kool....so on what bike does my track bar go on? doesn't the monkey have v-brakes/center pull brakes nubs also?