Wednesday, August 13, 2008

'Cross thoughts


After seeing David's post....I looked at a photo that either David or Katie took and it sums up what 'cross has meant for me.

Thanks to Brent E. for the words of "encouragement" during one of the races at Copley last year. I'm looking forward to try to keep from getting lapped in the A Master's field this year. Not a high enough goal you think? Rudy, Dr. John, Bill M. are just three of the "hammers" in that group, and that A Masters race during the A's with Shawn A, Paul M, Ernesto....so there you go. Of course, maybe I can come up with an excuse for staying with the B's for another year like someone I know.....and it's NOT Gary.
:-)

Ciao,
Rick

3 comments:

Gary Burkholder said...

I'm trying to get off the fence with regard to making the jump to A's. Seeing that my best result last year was an 8th place finish in the B field and finishing 6th in the points series after doing all the races, I'm pretty sure I'm going to start off racing B's.

Plus with there being fewer races in the BA series, I'm thinking competion might be a bit higher at each race. When I win or get a couple of podiums in the B field, I'll reconsider making the jump to A's.

Rick said...

Gary, stay and win B's.
I was referring to the sandbagger...

Unknown said...

Nice post Rick! The look on your face in this picture says it all, pure cyclocross. I'm glad your making the jump to the A Master group this year, now I won't have to listen to any more o your Sh** during races! :-)

Your buddy