Monday, August 4, 2008

The Weekend



Rode 16 miles on the tow path with the Bianchi Friday....then "rocked out" to Rock Band for PS2 I just bought that night until 4AM. Thanks GAWD no pictures of that are around.

Saturday was looking like a Surfing, not a biking day so we packed up the boards along with Justin and Abby and went to wonderful Edgewater Park....surf was choppy but I had fun teaching Michelle & Justin some basics of surfing.

Sunday, Justin & I went to Bike Authority so he could check out & test ride the Cervelo Soloist Team. Sean did a great job fitting him on the bike. He's a big boy and at a 61cm size, the bike only weighed 18.5 and rode better than anything he has been on so far. A video of him riding....

After that, I wanted to get some miles in so I headed off towards Chagrin Falls. Climbing up the hill in the Bedford Reservation, I decided to jump on it close to the top and promptly flipped over my bars....wtf? I'm on my back looking at my bike on top of me and see that the rear wheel has come out??? Well, nothing wrong with the bike or me other than feeling somewhat stupid, so I laughed it off and keep riding. I get to Chagrin Falls and notice that my back wheel is really low on air. I had switched bikes and was riding the To Ritchey so that I would be riding clinchers, you know easy to fix if you get a flat. Well, it wasn't; my spare tube has not been used for almost two years. Big mistake. It blew up as the kid in the shop was pumping it up and almost gave him a heart attack! I ended up putting a patch on the tube and leaving. The rest of the trip was uneventful and by the end of the day I had ridden about 56 miles. Beautiful day, great tunes and a good time with a cookout afterwards. And some more Rock Band.
:-)

Ciao,
Rick

No comments: