Saturday, December 22, 2007

on the road again


we had some "warm" weather today & what was going to be an early afternoon ride turned into a evening/night ride. I had wanted to get fenders for the Ritchey Ti 'cross bike and use it for days like today....high 40's and wet roads. I went to Bike Authority where Mike & Sean hooked me up with some fenders. Home I go and realize that the fenders will not fit my Ritchey (or any other bike I have) due to no eyelets or provisions on the fork for the included mounting hardware. Damn. I'm thinking of taking the whole bike back with me to make sure I get the right set of fenders and while I'm at it see if they can swap out the 46 salsa big ring for the Ritchey 50 tooth since 'cross season is over. Back to Bike Authority I go and Rudy says "no problem" he has the same fork as I do and will rig up the fenders to fit and take care of the ring in about an hour so I should be able to get my ride on. Needless to say, Rudy did a great job on the fenders, changed out the ring and I'm off. GREAT JOB GUYS!
I finally get my stuff together and leave the house at 4:52 PM with lights on 'cause it will be dark soon. It was a great ride; tunes on the ipod, no traffic and a full moon to boot. Got 21 miles in and am happy with the fenders. I should be able to have my act together for a ride tomorrow....then get ready for Christmas!

Happy Holidays All....my end of year review will be out soon.

Thanks for reading,
Rick

4 comments:

Mehul said...

Hey, I am not an expert, but it looks like you could use a longer chain. Did Rudy say anything about that?

Mehul

p.s. that is a pretty sweet picture you have for the title of your blog.

Rick said...

lol....it's almost the big-big gear setting (27 rear cassette) that I shouldn't leave it in. :-(
Thanks, props to Gary for the photo.
Have a great Holiday, Mehul!

Gary Burkholder said...

Now that your bike is 'commuter worthy', you'll want to be sure to check out Dave's blog. Be sure to talk to your dad about that one, because Rep. John Boehner is in the 8th dist which covers Troy, OH.

Investment Biker said...

Nice lookin ride Rick. You riding Sunday? I can meet you in Brecksville around 8am?