Monday, December 10, 2007

Copley CX Race #2


The last race of the season for me....or should I say "the final insult". It was true cyclocross weather with another great layout and put on perfectly by Team Lake Effect.

Stick a fork in me....I'm done. I came in second overall for the series and third that day. Thank you Donny for the great trophy and to Lake Effect for a real nice awards ceremony and plaque (made from one of the barriers - cool). Seems that the first place winner had such a commanding lead on me and the others that once he found out he didn't have to race that day, he didn't.
:-)

Tip of the hat to Richard O'Meara and Todd Palmer....we battled it out and at the end Richard gapped both Todd and I and in the sprint on the road to gap Todd hung on my wheel and then sprinted by me for the 2nd place.

I regret that while Gary peaked at the end, my last two races had me going the other way. It would have been a blast if Gary & I could have worked together during the races.

I'm happy with the progress that I made from last year to this year and with a somewhat structured training program for next year I should make more improvements. We will see. :-)

Thanks for all of the cyclocrossers that came out that day for a great end of the season race. For those going on to race at the Nationals in KC this week, good luck and I'll be thinking of you. No nats for me this year.

Pictures that Donny took of the B/C race and that I took of the A's on up now on my Flickr account.

I'll do an End of The Year Review soon with fave photos.

Thanks for reading,
Rick

3 comments:

Julie Lewis-Sroka said...

Believe or not, cross is for fun and staying in shape just a little longer with your crazy cycling friends. It's the journey around the course, not the finish line that counts. You did great. We'll miss you at Nationals - if the course isn't frozen over.

Julie

Unknown said...

Great job this season Rick. Thank You and the SnakeBite Team for coming out every weekend. See you soon.

Bill

Donny Frey said...

You rock the casbah Adams! YOU ROCK THE CASBAH!!!