Saturday, April 7, 2007

Week in Review

Ok, where to start? I did sneak in a ride while I was in Chattanooga on business; 43:22.0, 149 avg heart rate, max 166, 11.8 miles, 16.4 avg speed, 41.2 max, cad avg 90, started at 665' and climbed to 1790' with get this - a temp of 58-83'F. I can say the climb that Bicycle Magazine talks about in Chattanooga is a climb not to miss. The view is great, the road condition is very good & the traffic wasn't too bad. I didn't have enough time to climb the whole thing, but I'm glad I tried to get in as much as I did. The decent was great.....it's funny to have different parts of your body cramping on a really long descent. I can't believe the long drops the pros do.
This snow that I came back home to is enough to make a grown man cry. So much for continuing my workouts; just like my buddy Donny, I'm waaaaaaay over what weight I should be at; 162 right now vs 155. Damn, double damn. No excuses though, I'm just a weak excuse for rider right now.

Happy Easter to all.
Thanks for reading,
Rick

1 comment:

Investment Biker said...

Rick,
My Dad and I are going to the Dirt, Sweat & Gears 12 hour in TN on 4/28. Taking the motorhome and leaving Thursday. Care to join us? Do some riding, some partying and you can kick my ass at the 10 hour mark. 10 signed up for Pro class including Tinker, Nat Ross, Ernie among others.

Check out the website linked on my blog.

-Brett