Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My first crash this year

I was going to post on the 24 Hours of Adrenalin™ at Hurkey Creek Park after my road ride this morning around the office. 'Cept on the way back from the turn-a-round I was just getting into some tasty turns in a decent when a white pick up truck passes me in a big hurry and heads into the turns in front of me. I'm watching it and start to pick up some speed thinking that sob better keep moving so I can enjoy the fruits of doing all of this climbing. Right in the turn I see "him" put the brakes and slow waaaay down; I'm thinking wtf and before I can think about it I'm on him and am forced to hit the back of him or put the bike down.

You'll be happy to know I sacrificed myself to keep the bike from getting hurt.

That and when I locked up the back & I could feel the tubular tire come off I'm thinking, "oh no, not a Beloki"....luckly I didn't break anything but did get a big bunch of road rash. I can't sit down for sure...let's just keep it at that...no pictures. That and I'm already stiff-n-sore....

I can't wait to get out again....I'll be more careful next time.

Ciao,
Rick

1 comment:

Itty Bitty Betty said...

Rick - glad you are OK and let's hope you don't have another post entitled, "My second crash this year"!