Monday, April 6, 2009

First Day at Ellsworth


Is history and it was a good one. It was like being a kid at a candy store seeing all of the bike & frames. People there are great....

Tony is letting me take out his personal Scant (road bike) for a taste test tomorrow morning. It will take place on the twisty, steep but tasty climb/decent road right where the office is. I'll be riding it and then the Cervelo R3 to compare how they feel. They weigh about the same 16ish and change. The test should be a good one except that the Ellsworth will have the Ellsworth carbon clinchers on it and the Cervelo the Tubies....maybe I'll use the same wheelset for both?

This weekend may have have some Truth or an Epiphany to it? Yummy trail riding it looks like.

It's been a long but good day.

Ciao,
Rick

2 comments:

Mike N. said...

I would definitely recommend using the same wheels for both rides. I know I can feel a difference when I go between wheelsets on my Roubaix.

Rick said...

yup....as much as I want to go on the carbon....the descents are pretty hairy so maybe I'll use the tubies