Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Westlake Worlds A Group ZIPP Night


Yeah, Chris R. got on me to man up and ride with the A group.

I figured that with the 303 tubulars that the kind folks at Zipp along with Dick Brink and Bike Authority were letting me use....what the heck.

Gary (who was missing his shoes and Michael L. saved him by loaning him his shoes), David S., Tom "Killer" K, Dr John & I lined up with the As.


SBR was well rep'd in the Bs with Jason R, Ian H, Jimmy N, JV, David K and first timer Michelle M. JV & Jason came in 1-2! I heard everyone did well.

The A group was large with some real fast guys in it so I knew this was going to throw me deep in the hurt locker for sure. Rode well until Paul M. decided it was time to reel in a break and it was touch-n-go for a couple of laps if I was going to be able to hold on. I did and was able to finish with the main group.

The difference b/t the As & Bs?
When I was in the 3 man break in the B group a few weeks ago;
distance 39.4 miles
avg speed was 24.5, max 30.8
avg watts was 248
avg HR was 152

When I was in the As;
distance 42.9 miles
avg speed was 26.7, max 34.9
avg watts was 284
avg HR was 160

Must have been the tasty ZIPP 303 tubulars that kept me in the thick of it.
:-)

Thanks for driving, Gary.

Ciao,
Rick

No comments: