Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Westlake B Race

SBR had a lot of guys out: Tom & Chris in the As and Mike N, Ian, Michael, JV, Matt & I in the Bs.
As normal, I get there late and no warm up. Nice.
Ride the parade lap and there is a 1pt prime for the 1st race lap...I'm telling myself to warmup b/f doing anything...until I got antsy and went for the heck of it waaaaay out. Got the prime and decided to try to get a workout in. All the guys did well but with the new members, we didn't really work well together but we haven't ridden with each other much in this environment either.
Rick Bennett went away for quite some time and I went out to chase him in....brought a couple of guys with me and we then didn't exploit the gap. Sigh.

On the positive side JV did a great job bagging 3rd place and most of our guys won a prime. Nice job!

My avg speed was 22.8 and the As were 26. 'Nuf said.
It was great seeing all of the gang....it seems like it has been forever.
Well, the tubies and the R3 were great....I'm happy with the setup I have on it now (pictures later).
It was a good wakeup call for me.

See everyone at RATL.

Nite,
Rick

No comments: