Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Westlake Crit Race B Group.....

Well, I've had a shitty last couple of days mood wise; you know, in a funk. I resigned from the Velodrome Board/Committee today....so I felt like blowing off tonight's race. Thanks to Jen K & John E for telling me to get off my a$$ and race tonight.
I've been working on the Velodrome Foundation's new computer to get it going (I hate VISTA) and ran tearing out of the house to try to get to the race in time. I arrived and John, Ray, Tom, Ian, Jim, Dave, Jason & Matt were all there...thanks Tom & John for helping me get ready. I sign the paperwork for Bridgette, get on my bike and off the B group goes, so much for any warm up and I now realize that it's cold. Shoot, I should have put on my knee warmers, thank goodness I grabbed my arm warmers and put them on. Well Jim warns me about this guy from Summitt who should be riding up with the As....I see why, we start going 24-25 right away with him pulling, we see the As after the first lap and Dave & Bob decide it would be cool to lap the A field. I spent the rest of the race covering moves, doing some pulling, trying my legs out in half a$$ sprints for primes....at one point Jason and the Summitt guy are off the front and gapping us and then they come into the sharp turn and Jason goes down with the Summitt guy right on top of him; we sit up to see if the guys are ok and then resume the pace.
I felt like my head was definitely not in the race....just a lot of pedaling....so when I was in a shitty position for the final sprint and was only able to get a 4th, I was like oh well.
Well it beats sitting around being bummed....Spin Ride is tomorrow, hopefully I'll have more game then.
My crappy stats:
1:44:14.9
38.9 miles
HR - 147 avg, 171 max
speed - 22.4 avg, 35.3 max
CAD - 97 avg, 124 max
watts - 233 avg, 959 max
temp - hmmmmm, cold

Thanks for reading,
Rick

No comments: