Friday, June 8, 2007

The Quest





To get back my mojo has been going on all d-mn week. Crap.
Sooooo, I got back from spending all day in Nashville giving my deposition (whatever, you get the point - lawyers, you're under oath, blah, blah, blah); seems like somebody wants to get rich the old fashion way, sue my company & I for $1M due to the accident that I was in 2 years ago. That's done and I guess I didn't screw that up too bad.
So I got up this morning and figured what the heck, I'll pretend that I'm going to ride to work this morning (which is interesting since I work from my home office) just like my buddies John, Jim & Gary do (I know there are more of you out there also). So I get the poor neglected Ritchey Ti Cross bike out and head out to Valley View in my Mario Cipollini kit (I look just like him, eh? NOT). Heck, I shouldn't get hit by a car in this getup. Thanks to the iPod and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Linkin Park, etc....the 29.6 miles went by pretty quickly and helped start the day on a more positive note. Still don't have the mojo back but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel I think. So, 4 rides in this week and roughly 140 miles....sweet, not the best week I've had "mentally", but at least my weight is holding steady at 154-5 so I got that working for me. :-)
My stats:
1:41:20
29.6 miles
HR - 139 avg, 168 max
speed - 17.5 avg, 47.2* (hmmmm, Gary, this bike seems plenty fast on a downhill) max
CAD - 97 avg, 118 max
1119' of climbing
temp went from 76' up to 88'F

Thanks for reading,
Rick

No comments: