Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Westlake Crit; First A Group Race

Do I have great timing or what? Let's pick for the first A race on the 48 miler of pain and suffering. SBR had like 5 guys in the B field; Gary & I decided it was time to grab the hand of pain and go race with the A's. John & Ray were the SBR'ers in the A field with us. For some great details & so I don't repeat what John says, check out his account of the fun.
I don't know about Gary, but I was just in the survival mode for this race. I wanted to get a good workout in and finish with the pack. Simple as that. I succeeded in both. The SBR gang in the A's didn't really have any plan and it showed; I was disappointed also, but it's a big dang jump going from the B's to the A's and I haven't been strong mentally/aggressively lately.
Yeah, I got antsy when we slowed, went around to take a pull, hit the corner where the cops are at to see that i had gapped everyone and figured what the heck, let's stretch it out. The RGF guy came up and I chickened out and didn't want to kill myself to contest the prime so I sat up and let the chase field catch up. The rest of the race I took some pulls to help out and generally just finished the race.
Needless to say I'd like to be able to do more than just finish next week....
The stats:
1:53:15
46.6 miles (?)
HR - 155 avg, 170 max
speed - 24.6 avg, 32.7 max
CAD - 95 avg, 135 max
watts - 278 avg, 1247 max
72'F at the end of the race

So along with the 32 miles of hills I did with Gary on Sunday (more on that later) I'm in route for another good week for me mileage wise.

Thanks for Reading,
Rick

No comments: