Thursday, December 2, 2010

Turkey Shoot 'Cross Race


On last Sunday, the 28th we had a "local" cyclocross race that Kelby put on....the first race for Tampa at Picnic Island.

Course layout was great (no paved sections due to park traffic) and the vibe was great.

Everyone started the same time and were supposed to race for 45 minutes with two different groups at the start; the A's and B's.

I had a very good start and settled in to a good pace with some very good riders around me. One Taylor and (?) were both on SS (Taylor was on a Fixie!).....we swapped positions for a few laps and at the bell lap the SS guy comes around me so it's a 3 way race for (I haven't received what place we were in yet) bragging rights....I caught the two guys in the spiral and was able to pass and hold off the guy on the SS but wasn't able to close down the gap on Taylor.....awesome race.

Garmin Data is here.

Not exactly like Cleveland 'cross....maybe like the SoCal Series I did last year...

FL State CX Championships this weekend.....

Ciao,
Rick

No comments: