Friday, December 3, 2010

Clermont, FL cyclocross race


My first race in FL was a b*tch.....I haven't gone at/over max for 45+minutes in a race in a long time.

The course was pretty cool; here's the garmen on it.

I did well at the mass start but after about 30 minutes the bear jumped on my back and the wheels came off the wagon....I lost some places (the 35+ was racing just behind us) and was hurting...heck, that's what one guy said to another and I passed where they were standing...."that dude looks like he is really hurting"!

I held it together until the last turn right before the bell lap and caught a post coming down a hill into a right hander....I went over the bars hard and laid on the ground for awhile..."well, I got one lap to go" so I got up and finished the last lap.

I ended up coming in 4th in a field of 10....go figure.

The FL championship is this weekend in Dade City...I'll race at least one of the two days depending upon how I feel. I hurt my back on the wipeout during this race.

It's supposed to be cold (40-50's) for FL this weekend so it may even feel like 'cross!

Ciao,
Rick

1 comment: