Wednesday, December 3, 2008

stupid is as stupid does....

Or, why didn't I take body armor to Ray's tonight?

Met Gary/Sadie and Bill B there and felt great....after about an hour Ray pulls me over and is asking a lot of questions about the Velodrome and isn't real, er, supportive of it. I don't see how it's going to negatively effect what he's doing at his MTB park. I would think it would only compliment what he is doing there.

So I talk with him about that and about the old Executive Director, Anna moving out to Seattle....then excuse myself and go riding. Well, within 5 minutes I go down hard and think it's no big deal, but after I get done about 30 minutes later I can feel my right knee get stiff. I pull up the pants leg and yup....dumb, dumb dumb. Well it's getting iced down now and I hoping that by Sunday it will be good to go for the last cyclocross race of the season/BA series.

I know....shut up and tough'n up mate!

Rick

3 comments:

Ray Huang said...

Wrap it tight or put on a tight knee brace and let me know if that helps. Did wonders after States when I hit my knee (again) on my handlebar in my crash. Ive never had a knee heal so fast form a hard hit.

Unknown said...

Hope your knee does get better for the weekend Rick. Concrete does hurt when you fall on it for sure.

Feel It: The Factory Rider said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22787467@N02/3091764377/in/set-72157610902395206/

here are some photos from sunday. great racing this season and have some fun base miles.