Sunday, November 16, 2008

BA Series - Broadview Hts. (Can you say MUD?)

Photo by Robert

Wow, talk about classic race conditions, maybe a touch cold, but another great job by the Lake Effect Squad. You folks rule. Thanks to all that cheered me on...it does help.
I had my boy this weekend, so I was going to get to the race in time to warm up, mooch some of Bill's great home made heat rub and do the race then go home to my son.
I lined up in the last row and having not pre-ridden the course was going to just keep a decent position.
I gotta tell ya the Ritchey Protocal tubie wheelset with Vittoria tubies on them at around 35 psi felt freak'n great today! I felt really good the 1st lap and 1/2 until the dang rear derailleur cable broke....and was in the 38/12 combo...ugh! By the time I made it around to change out to my back up bike....my legs were getting cooked. My Bianchi SISS was set up w/a 32/16 and I wasn't exactly spinning. I was able to gut it out and finish. No DNF but I was really disappointed about the mechanical that I had. Seeing how this was the first one I have had all season.....that ain't so bad....it's just 'cross.
My knees are pretty damn sore right now, but I'll give them some time off.
I'll be leaving Friday morning for a week in Tampa w/my son and Family....now that's the way to spend T-Day!
Rick

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your mechanical Rick, That's frustrating, since you were going good and your tires were hooking up so well in those conditions.

Better luck at States and Copley.

Feel It: The Factory Rider said...

Good race and photo. I enjoy watching you have fun out there like trying to ride the stairs.

Robert

Andy Johnson said...

You should come to the state championship this weekend. Come down and kick some cincinnati butt!

http://www.racelistings.com/register/events/flyer.asp?ID=841

Pre-Registrations closes at 9pm tonight.

Rick said...

I'd love to do the State's....I will be in Tampa, FL getting my ride on in 60-70'F weather......
:-)

Good Luck everyone that does the States!