Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Euphoria 'Cross Race #1

I came late with Anna, pinned alot of numbers on jerseys and didn't warm up or pre-ride the course. That and I endo'd with the help of another rider in the first 500 or so meters and wiped out again shortly after ending up in a solid last place start with the next person in front of me barely in sight. Heck I could have started with the Bs and done better.

I had a blast.

It's freAK'N 'CROSS SEASON AGAIN!

:-)

Lot's of DNFs/Mechanical issues, but the Spin & Kyle did a great job with getting all the work done and doing a great starting course. Greg kept saying the track would be more technical next week. It was pretty good this week for a new track. Laps were 1.7 miles long and the starting temp was 84'F. My avg speed was pretty good with no slow down during the race of 53:06.

I'm disappointed about crashing at the start, but that's 'cross and I'm pretty happy with the fact I was able to reel in 4-7 people in and finish strong.

Gary, Sadie, Anna, John, Dan & Tim did well and it was great to see them out there. Matt O was out taking pictures and Michael L showed up after the race....good stuff.

I'm going to PA tomorrow and back Friday and will have another two wheeled vehicle. Hopefully for some motor pacing?

Ciao,
Rick

2 comments:

Gary Burkholder said...

More technical huh? I'm not sure how many people had mechanicals or DNF'd, but with the rocks and rough terrain, I thought last night's course was pretty technical for a CX course.

Julie Lewis-Sroka said...

I flatted twice - once at the very first rock section - then I did 4 laps - then I flatted in the back section on a big rock. Other than that, it was fun. The course surface is not really suited for cross, but hey, it's just a training race series. I, for one, will be bringing a spare bike and wheels!!!