Friday, May 16, 2008

Westlake Worlds/The Office/EN

That sums up my week....Did the B group to get my mojo back; Chris R comes up to start the group and announces that the SnakeBite, er B group needs to line up. Nice. One of these days we will get all the guys coordinated, but each week the guys are getting better with team tactics. No breaks this nights, and I wanted Jason or JV (even Michael) to get any of the point primes or podium finish to help out in the points race. I came in 2nd OA 2 years ago and don't have anything to gain by trying to win the race for myself. So during the race, I'm watching and trying to keep things organized for my guys and if none of my guys are going for getting the point primes, I'm going to keep the other "leaders" from getting points by going for them myself.
So during the primes, I'd ask Jason & JV if they were going for them and if not, I'd try out the sprinting legs. Jimmy N asked me to follow him for a lead out so I thought, sure.....we got a good jump on the field and I made sure to reward my lead out guy by getting the prime. Overall I felt pretty good so I ended up with two primes I think. I think SBR got all of the point primes and in the end I led out Jason or at least stretched out the group and Jason came through for the win. Nice.

John gives the A group report....Mike gives his perspective on the B group.

So the next day I'm going to ride to the office and fart around and ended up leaving right when it starts raining hard...Anna spots me driving and gets my rain jacket to me and 20 or so minutes later I arrive in Peninsula. Oh, for everyone that is used to riding to Peninsula on Riverview Rd, it's closed below the Route 80 bridge so you'll have to get on the towpath the rest of the way in.

So yesterday, the weather was much better and needed an EN zone ride, Gary & I went out, followed my work out and then just kept riding to get some miles on while keeping it my EN zone. 39 miles and I'm home.

Enjoy the weekend all.....

Ciao,
Rick

1 comment:

Mike N. said...

Thanks for the link, but my perspective was somewhat limited, given that racing on rims is a little tricky. See you this weekend?