Friday, May 9, 2008

The week

Rode the B Group at Westlake and JV does a great job with the race report. Ian, Michael, Gary, Jason, David K, Paul M, Matt T & I in the Bs. To quickly add....after the break went, SBR shut down any attempt at anyone else getting up to the break (Bob from Solon helped out with Juan up in the break). I sprinted for a cash prime and another one I think and then on the final lap, I stretched things out to make sure things didn't get bunched up in a sprint for 5th plus place.....I could see some dumb thing happening from that.
The As did great and I saw some SBR first timers along with "Tom the Killer K"; Dr. John, David S (uh, David...I didn't know you liked Crits) and Chris B. They looked and did pretty well....despite missing the break.
I don't really know where I'm at right now mentally or fitness wise. I ended up riding in the rainy but warm conditions by myself Weds night and then yesterday, I loaded up my messenger bag with what felt like 50 lbs of laptop, files, clothes, etc and rode to the Peninsula office that Fast Track Cycling is at and I am moving my office to soon. Thought I was going to die on the way there. Rode home and am getting a feel for what this commuting by bike thing is all about. RATL is this weekend.....we'll see what happens.
Gotta go if I'm going to ride to the office....

Caio,
Rick

No comments: