Friday, May 2, 2008

Spin Ride & Getting Wings

Rode with the Spin A riders Wednesday night for like 35 minutes till I got shot off the back after the second hill...still got in over 40 miles that night so I felt pretty good about that. Looks like I'll need to change my training a bit to work up to riding Westlake As and Spin As/Eastsiders fast group rides back to back days. The legs are toast.

So last night instead of jumping in the car to get some groceries last night, I hopped on my bike and grabbed my messenger bag to get some (wings, yes wings). Hmmmm, tasty. Sure, it's not a long ride, but I'm trying to ride instead of drive whenever possible.

Boy would I love one of these to bang around on.....

Gotta keep things in perspective this time of year.

Rick

3 comments:

Ray Huang said...

u going to race track on Thursday nights? Sean, Thom D and I are planning on it. I am using my old steel Schwinn paramount for nowe, then depending on how i like it I might have Zak make a track bike.

Gary Burkholder said...

The gearing looks pretty low on the Ritchey...

I'll be out on Thurs nights. I've just got to come up with a 48 tooth ring and a 17t cog. Sadie's Redline 925 will be my weapon. I'll put a different bar (stem too?) on, so that the brake levers can stay on her bar. Not sure if the Speedplay pedals are going to be right (too much float?), but I don't want to buy new shoes and pedals too at this point. I might look at getting a better rear wheel (or maybe a set of Ritchey SS wheels; although, I have some pretty good front wheels sitting around).

Rick said...

Ray;
I may race or just attend the series and promote the Velodrome. Fast Track Cycling will bring in a Ritchey to raffle off for the series and one to show/sell possibly....I'm in the process of working on the details.
Gary;
The one shown doesn't have the "right" gearing for racing (good eye), I'll bring in one with a 48 tooth chain ring and have a 15/16/17 fixed rear available, plus drop bars/no brakes.