Friday, August 24, 2007

The New Valkyrie





The collaborative Adams/Burkholder effort has yielded a new TT machine; The Valkyrie. I couldn't bear doing away with my Specialized Allez Pro frame/fork/seatpost and Gary had extra parts and was willing to buy some stuff on close out, soooooooooo here's what we came up with.

The ride was cool; about 10 miles into it a group of three riders came up from behind while Gary was taking pictures and they go by....well, that will not stand so I ramped up the speed and blew by them.....they were not the friendliest guys anyway. At the halfway mark we switch bikes and I find out as soon as I get on the Titus I realize the rear tire is way low.....Gary remarks no wonder he had a hard time staying on my wheel, so I throw some air in it and off we go!

The position needs to be changed a bit which we did when we got back from the ride; our verdict on the Valkyrie is that it is yummy and we are looking forward to riding it again...it ain't leaving my house though Gary! :-)

Stats:
1:37:30
29.2 miles
133/163 - avg/max HR
19.7/43 - avg/max speed
95/113 - avg/max CAD
1240' of climbing
temp - 82-84'F and humid as heck

*I hit 30 mph on the flat with the TT bike; Gary & I shared the bike; I rode the first half and he the second half

Thanks for reading,
Rick

2 comments:

Gary Burkholder said...

I can't wait until the new crank comes in. Spinning out the 48/39 CX crank is NO FUN!! (although it could keep us from getting speeding tickets on Brecksville Rd...)

Ray Huang said...

Back looks nice and flat, but the stem is WAY too long. Your arms will go asleep or ache BAD. I'd take 3cm off the stem, raise the seat and push it forward as we had discussed. Enjoy!!