Friday, August 17, 2007

The Hurt Locker

Jeese, I have been off the bike too long and I got thrown into the Hurt Locker and don't know when I'm coming out. Avg speed is down, little hills are killing me....blah, blah, blah. I am trying to get back at it by putting in the miles again...last week wasn't too bad (129ish miles) and so far this week I've done 96 miles including last night's copious amounts of pain at the Shaker Thursday night "group" ride; which is kinda like the A Group Westlake ride with some nice hills that they like to attack on. More on that ride later. That and I'm going to ride the MS150 ride this weekend in a friend's memory with Gary and Jim N (Plain Dealer). I'll do a follow up w/picts hopefully after this weekend.

Stats on the "Shaker" ride:
1:43:03
33.7 miles
19.6/45.8 - avg/max speed (21 mph was the avg speed at the 23 mile point)
141/170 - avg/max HR
95/125 - avg/max CAD
1,660' of climbing
73'F temp for the ride

Enjoy the weekend all.

Thanks for reading,
Rick

2 comments:

Gary Burkholder said...

Dude, I don't think it's you - it's just time for a new bike. Go shopping HERE: http://tinyurl.com/3dbdom

;^)

Donny Frey said...

I'm in agreement with Gary. You haven't bought a new bike in 4 months. A custom, hand built, Zanconato is just what you need to fly like an eagle... To the sea.