Monday, July 28, 2014

My first Wilier!

Damn, what a nice surprise!
I bought a Wilier Cross bike (we are a Wilier Dealer) and built it out from the parts off my beloved Ritchey Ti Cross bike. To say that the ride qualities are sweet would be a big f'ing understatement! I put the OMG Enve 6.7s on it and with SRAM Force 10 spd on it it was just a stupid 16 lbs! I use it on any rough road rides that I do and don't feel I'm giving much up from riding the S-Works Venge believe it or not. It makes me want to get a Zero 7 or 9 now! More later! Ciao! Rick

1 comment:

Arne said...

I'm just putting together a used Wilier Cross Carbon. The frame looks identical to your bike, but came with an ENVE Cross fork. The frame was originally sold through Competitive Cyclist between 2012 and 2013. The CC site lists the max tire size as 32mm. It sounds like the ENVE forks can handle much larger ties. I'm wondering if you have any experiences or feedback about whether the frame might take larger tires like the new Schwalbe G-One, available in 35mm width.

Thank you for any help!