Sunday, June 26, 2011

Le Tour De Dank 4 Alleycat




I wasn't feeling good about this; I was still getting over my cold with low/no miles under my belt but figured I'd give it a go. I had set up the fixie with brakes due to the bridges (hills). I had kayaked before the race but was feeling OK. I rode to the race and was there just as they were giving out maps. I wanted to go with what would be the lead group and try to get the hole shot. I was able to be in the top 5 at the start and we quickly got a gap b/t us and the 90 some odd people doing the race. I felt pretty good on Memorial and Sand Key bridge but got gapped on Belliare Bridge and right before the 5th check point lost sight of the lead group and got lost trying to find that check point. I was counting on staying on and didn't memorize the map...epic fail on my part. I ended up seeing Michael and he & I found it and started riding hard again. We got to the 6th check point with 7 guys in front of us and headed for the final check point and then the finish. Michael told me to go ahead and I was just trying to hold on to 8th when I took a wrong turn and by the time I got to the start/finish I ended up 11th OA. Pretty disappointing due to this being in my area and getting dropped at the final bridge....still a fun way to spend an afternoon. I didn't know where everyone was going to be so I ended up hanging out with Zach and the crew...and not being able to unlock Zach's lock until it was cut off by Heidi's friend, Mark.

I wasn't really too happy about dropping that many places......in my own neighborhood!

Ciao,
Rick

The Results:
Speed
Fixed – Male
1. Tyler Rose (1 hr)
2. Sean Lynch
3. Taylor Norton
4. Paul Rozelle
5. Mike Weimar
6. David Horst
7. Michael Davis
8. David Fitzgerald
9. Ben Pridgen
10. Rick Adams

Overall Finish
1. Tyler Rose (1 hr)
2. 2. Sean Lynch
3. Gabe Crisler
4. Taylor Norton
5. Paul Rozelle
6. Mike Weimar
7. David Horst
8. Michael Davis
9. David Fitzgerald
10. Ben Pridgen
11. Rick Adams
12. Geoffrey Holtman
13. Kirsten Johnson
14. Bryan McGuine
15. Travis Nolan
16. Mondo Mike Hall
17. TIII
18. Adam Vacha
19. James Mitchell
20. Sonny Kennedy

Here's the Garmen Data:
Tour De Dank AlleyCat race by rickadams60 at Garmin Connect - Details">

No comments: