Monday, January 10, 2011

From St Petersburg with Love Alley Cat Race


So after getting sick and still not even 70%.....I was bummed that I wasn't going to be able to do the race. I spoke with Sean (who was doing the race b/f moving to NC) and said I couldn't race but would be happy to help main a check point. When I got there he & Stu thought that (if I was interested) I could be a decoy racer, get a flat and whomever stopped to give me a tube to replace the one that "flatted" would get a special "Komrade" award of a Chrome messenger bag from Ben.Sean & I going over the details....

I thought that would be cool and acted like I was going to race and when the race started I jumped up and was in the top 4th position. After the 2nd check point I broke away to go to the 4th check point and got where everyone would see me. I flipped the bike upside down and removed the rear wheel. After about ten people went by Garret stopped and gave me his tube...he ended up finishing 5th!

I took some photos during & after the race.....

It was the most fun I've had NOT racing in a long time!

I'll be easing back into a training program for the upcoming race season.

Caio,
Rick

No comments: