Thursday, August 19, 2010

A New Addition


I finally felt like I was settled in enough to look for a dog. I've had several dogs in the past and for FL thought a Australian Cattle Dog/Blue Healer mix would be good plus I miss the last one I had Cooke.

I found Sadie via Petfinder.com and got her through a rescue house. I was able to meet the owner (2 hrs away in Ft. Myers) and picked her up on August the 8th. She is a 7 yr old female and a touch out of shape.....she's great at catching a Frisbee and just the right mix of laid back and playful. I'll be working with her on getting back in shape and running with me via foot and bike.

At the crit last night some poeple watched her while I raced and she did great....she even ran next to me on the bike back to the car perfectly....I don't think she's ever done that before.

Everything is going well and I'll give updates....

No comments: