Monday, December 12, 2011

Infinity 'Cross Race


My 2nd race of the "season", yes for most people I know that race; thier season is winding down or finished. That's why it's tough for me to get going on the FL season, but today's race was 75'F at the start...go figure.
I'm not in the shape I'd like to be...keeping the pressure on from the hole shot through the first lap is not where it should be for me.
I started well then dropped back like a bomb then started fighting my way up again....ended up dragging Russel with me for 2+ laps (he said he couldn't help was just trying to stay on - right I thought to myself). At the bell lap I said enough of pulling him...I didn't see anybody in front of me and I wasn't going to pull him to the finish to have him come around me to edge me out so I almost did a track stand to get him to come around to work and he tried to jump on a 35+ plus guy that came around us. He was hoping to gap me with that but I stuck on his wheel and saw him see that and realize I was still on him. I ended up catching him and passing him in the last technical section. He helped make the race a fun one for me....4th again. Garmin data showed I didn't leave much out there so I need to do better training wise for the first 8 minutes of the race.

After the race, I took some pictures with Sadie in tow and drank a couple of adult beverages with Steve the winner of my CAT.

I ended up camping out with Sadie at Sebastian Inlet State Park....it rained most of the time but I'm going back again soon to check the surfing and kayaking out there.

Good times.

Caio,
Rick

No comments: