Sunday, January 25, 2009

Training, what training?


You would think that by being unemployed that I'd have all of this free time to train and get in killer condition for the season fast approaching.

It's actually tougher to do b/c of the time I'm spending job searching and the extremely fixed income that I'm on right now. Nothing like knowing that if you don't find employment within a fixed amount of weeks/days your screwed.

The employment search is going OK, but is scary as hell. I have several "leads" and have completed a second interview w/a company, but it would be nice to have an offer on the table right now. It would also be nice to find local employment instead of having to look outside of Ohio. I'd rather stay here, keep the townhouse, stay close to my son and teammates, velodrome, etc.

I have been x-c skiing (it's free & close by) here and with a friend from Chicago that I've met who will be returning to work after being laid off since April of '08. The next two weeks will be big for me; I'm going to a convention in Orlando, FL in two weeks to set up and interview with some companies that will be attending the show. And yes the Cervelo & Surf board will be going down with me. All work and no play make for a dull rick.

I still have a positive attitude....it's just been a huge distraction.

Ciao,
Rick

No comments: